Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cats - Preschool

Books
Pete the Cat I Love my White Shoes, by Eric Litwin
Pete the Cat and his Four Groovy Buttons, Eric Litwin
Pet the Cat and his Magical Sunglasses, by Eric Litwin
Bad Kitty, by Nick Bruel
Where Is Tippy Toes? by Betsy Lewin
Kitten's First Full Moon, by Kevin Henkes
Tiger, by Nick Butterworth

Songs/Action Rhymes
I’m a Little Kitty(Tune:  “I’m A Little Teapot”)
I’m a little kitty-cat,
Soft and small.
I like to climb
Or chase my ball.

If you pick me up
And rub my fur.
You can hear me
Purr and purr!


K-I-T-T-Y
(sung to B-I-N-G-O)
I know a cat with perky ears
And kitty is her name-O
K-I-T-T-Y
And kitty is her name-O
(repeat until there are no letters left and you are clapping the rhythm)

Five Kittens in a Row
Five little kittens standing in a row
They nod their heads to the children, like so.
They run to the left, they run to the right,
They stand up and stretch in the bright sunlight.
Along comes a dog who’s in for some fun,
Meow, see those kittens run.


Teasing Mrs. Kitty
Three little mice squeking in the house (hold up three fingers)Teasing Mrs. Kitty you can't catch me, you can't catch me
Along came Mrs. Kitty as quiet as can be
And YUM!
Repeat with two mice
Three little mice squeking in the house (hold up one finger)Teasing Mrs. Kitty, you can't catch me, you can't catch me
Along came Mrs. Kitty as quiet as can be
And YUM!
Miss me, miss me, now you got to kiss me!

Feltboards
Scat the Cat
Once upon a time there was a pretty little green cat named Scat. His mother was green, his father was green, and his brothers and sisters were green.  But Scat the Cat was tired of being green so he put on his magical hat and he said "I'm Scat the Cat, and with my hat, I'm going to change my colours just like that".  And 'poof' he turned into a yellow cat.  And he was as yellow, as yellow could be.  He was as yellow as lemons (get children to also name other things that are yellow).  But then Scat the Cat got tired of being a yellow cat so he put on his magical hat again and said "I'm Scat the Cat, and with my hat, I'm going to change my colours just like that". Continue story with different colours.  After a few colours turn him back to his original colour 'greeen' by saying.  One day though, Scat the Cat realized that he liked being a green cat, so he put on his magical hat and said I'm Scat the Cat, and with my hat, I'm going to change my colour back to green".  After that, Scat the Cat never changed his colours again as he realized he liked the way he was.

Kitten Song
Five little kittens napping by the door
one woke up and then there were four;
Four little kittens napping next to me
one woke up and then there were three;
Three little kittens napping next to you
one woke up and then there were two;
Two little kittens napping in the sun
one woke up and then there was one;
One little kitten napping on a shelf
she woke up and was all by herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment